Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Useful Chinese phrases: Do you speak Chinese?

There are 2 names for spoken Chinese language in Mandarin. The most common is 漢語 (hàn yǔ), overseas Chinese and those in Malayisa and Singapore use 華語 (huá yǔ). Here are some phrases regarding speaking Chinese that I found really useful. I learned them by heart and I suggest you learn them, too. It's not that difficult. Have a look:

2.0 Do you speak Chinese?

你會說漢語/英語嗎?
你会说汉语/英语吗?
Nĭ huì shuō hànyǘ/yïngyǘ má?
Do you speak Chinese/English?

會一點點。
会一点点。
Huì yï diăn diăn.
Just a little.

我喜歡漢語。
我喜欢汉语。
Wŏ xĭhuān hànyǘ.
I like Chinese.

我學漢語一個月了。
我学汉语一个月了。
Wŏ xǘe hànyǘ yï gè yué le.
I've been learning Chinese for 1 month.

噢!太好啦!
噢!太好啦!
Ò! Taì hăo là!
Oh! That's good!

那在漢語裡叫什麼?
那在汉语里叫什么?
Nà zài hànyǘ li jiào shén me?
What's that called in Chinese?

"Hello" 在英語裡怎麼說?
"Hello" 在英语里怎么说?
"Hello" zài yïngyǚ li zĕnme shuō?
What does "Hello" mean in English?

"Friend" 在漢語裡怎麼說?
"Friend" 在汉语里怎么说?
"Friend" zài hànyǘ li zĕnme shuō?
How do you say "Friend" in Chinese?

我漢語說的不好。
我汉语说的不好。
Wŏ hànyǘ shuō de bù hăo.
My Chinese is bad.

我需要練習漢語。
我需要练习汉语。
Wŏ xǖyào liànxí hànyǘ.
I need to practice my Chinese.

什麼! 再說一遍!
什么! 再说一遍!
Shénme? Zài shuō yī biàn!
What? Can you say it again?

請記下!
请记下!
Qĭng jì xià!
Write it down please!

我不懂!
我不懂!
Wŏ bù dŏng!
I don't understand.

我不知道!
我不知道!
Wŏ bù zhī daó!
I don't know!

If you want to save this page, go here>>

No comments:

Post a Comment