Thursday, May 7, 2009

Snake encounter! Don't worry, my cat and I are fine!

Today I was working outside like on every sunny day. I'm doing a pavement around the house and we have a stack of these concrete cobblestones, where I always take them out bit by bit. So today when taking one out to my surprise there was quite a big snake squeezed inbetween those stones. I backed off first, then decided to get my cat. Once she killed a snake and I thought maybe she can help me out with this one. I wanted to get the snake out of there. Below you can see the whole story in photos:

1 The snake tried to hide deeper inbetween the stones, so I removed more of them.

2, 3 My cat was observing the situation from above. What was she scheming?

4, 5 I decided to get it out with the hay rake. My cat tried to snatch or slap the snake.

6, 7 There it is! Finally out! My cat sniffing at it. I was startled a bit when I saw she was drooling out of her mouth, so I decided to fling it away from me as far as I could.

I can say it was over in 5min. It was nerve-racking. It was dangerous. But me and my cat had everything under control. Pheeew. For now we prevailed. What will happen the next time?













[All pics by MKL, 2009]

No comments:

Post a Comment