Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Undies.

It's been awhile since I've had the pleasure of seeing lady's underwear strewn around the bedroom. When you come across one of these, it kind of makes you want to pound your chest like a silverback gorilla.

As I was tidying up my bedroom last weekend, I kept coming across pieces of underwear that Beth must have left behind on accident.

One lacey pink number tucked in between the sheets at the foot end of the bed.

Another frilly white thing under a pile of clothes.

And then this kind of standard, run-of-the-mill, plain kind that fell behind my dresser.

One of these thing does not belong...

I grabbed the foreign underwears and placed them in a neat pile on my dresser to give them to Beth when she arrived this weekend.

When I dropped her suitcase off in the corner of the room, I laughed and showed her the treasures she left behind on her previous trip.

Beth: Wow, I didn't realize I left this many. ... wait...
So@24: Yes?
Beth: This one isn't mine.

Beth pointed to the plain pair.

So@24: What do you mean?
Beth: I mean that THAT isn't mine!

Huh. I picked up the black underwear. Who else could leave these behind?

So@24: It has to be!
Beth: I think I know my own underwear!
So@24: Well no other female has been in my house... unless... OHGOD. OHGOD!

I shrieked like a banshee, chucked the pair across the room and they landed in the laundry basket.

Beth: What?? What?? Whose underwear are those??

No time to explain or theorize. I needed to go straight to the source.

I lunged for my cellphone.

BEEP BEEP BOOP BEEP!

Women on Line: Hello?
So@24: Mom??
Mama So: Yes?
So@24: Did you leave any underwear behind when you were here for your visit?
Mama So: Oh yeaaaaaaaah! I was going to ask you about that! I've been looking all over for those. Black, right?
So@24: Ughhhhhhhhhhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment