Saturday, May 23, 2009

Renovating our house (part 1)

Today in the morning, we continued with the cleaning our house. This year my grandpa died and my mum inherited this big house where we already lived before. But now my mum owns it and we can finally remove all the things my grandpa liked to keep. Before he would not allow to clear up anything. And now, after 40 years of gathering everything it's literarly tons of trash to throw away. Luckily we have a guy from the neighbouring small town, who has a pick-up and for some small money, he comes over and helps us with whatever we need, be it driving away trash, bringing sand and cement and some other things. We're cleaning and renovating now for almost 5 months. It's so different than before and in my future posts I will put up some before and after photos of various projects I finished. Now there's a lot of things unfinished. Sometimes it's my hayfever preventing it, sometimes I'm lazy or sick of it, then again it's too hot or rainy. Nevertheless, we still did a lot, especially in March. Now I'm fixing the road and trying to make a pavement, a fence, paint all the old doors... Seems like just few things, but it's a lot of work. But somebody has to do it. Let's hope I have enough motivation to finish all that.
[Photo by MKL, 2009]

No comments:

Post a Comment