Friday, August 10, 2007

Shorties Get No Love

A conversation I had with my cousin Mimi this morning. Interesting insight (as always).

Mimi:
Who is this? (sends me a link to a guy's myspace)
So@24: He was in my frat with me in college. Really nice guy
Mimi:
he's kinda hot, looks small though. I'm trying to get over the whole height thing, for your sake
So@24: Well, you getting over it really doesnt effect me, but it's a good mind set to pass on to others
Mimi: i've never dated anyone under 6'2", can you believe that
So@24: you go to any of those myspace surveys people do and you look at what they answer with "height"... it's always like "At least 5'8". Fuck you all. Don't even give us a chance
Mimi:well seriously. who says "5'3"??
So@24: It just sucks that "short" automatically = undesirable! So I'm doomed to only date girls shorter than me??
Mimi: no you're not doomed, lately a lot of hot girls i've seen are dating asian men

So@24: It's weird, but I always think that white girls wouldnt even think asians are cute. I'm half though!
Mimi:
you don't look half, you don't look full either. i don't know what you look like.
Mimi: it's ALL about confidence, how you hold yourself and clothes. all these asian boys have cute clothes and confidence
So@24: the thing is... it depends on who im with. like when im out with you guys back home... i'm pretty outgoing and can hold a conversation and be funny (i think). but when im out with Leo, Doug and all those guys... i don't for some reason
Mimi: i know why. it's cause when you're out with home friends they are the type that don't go looking for girls; which makes girls want them more. LA friends are always on the prowl, you can tell.
So@24: and i, ironically, had more confidence when i was dating Lynn
Mimi: you seriously need to act like you don't give a fuck, which you genuinely normally don't. especially lately. so that's good. Clothes? You're working. You need a new hairdo maybe
So@24: wow!
Mimi: we'll discuss more later

No comments:

Post a Comment