Friday, August 24, 2007

Emo Posting


*Warning: Emo Posting Below*

Random reminders will come up and bite you in the ass when you least expect it. I somehow got the inclination to go through and clean out my mailbox. That was the dumbest idea I've come up with. I stumble upon an email titled "Chin Up"... but it was sent from my old school email address, so naturally this sparked my curiosity:

I'm writing to remind you of how much I LOOOOOOOVE you and to make sure you're okay and not taking this dumb-ass class's rejection to heart.

You're always so hard on yourself... please don't take this personally or as a bad sign because it's not. Maybe you're just meant to come home and STAY WITH ME!? Your crabby girlfriend?? Hmmmm?

You have a ton of talent and SOON will find a way to work and be happy and creative and have fun and make money. Try not to put so much pressure on yourself to KNOW what you're going to do in the future, you're only 22. You're not a business man yet, don't worry.

So I hope you're feeling okay. I'm sorry I'm not there to distract you or take your mind off it... I care about you a TON and worry when/if you're sad.

Everything will be okay.

- Your L
Ahh... I remember why I sent that to myself. So I wouldn't forget it when I changed email addresses when I first opened my gmail account.

It makes you wonder though. Is she ever getting these reminders like I am and wondering what I'm doing at that very second? It's like the sniper from Saving Private Ryan puts a slug in me every single time I come across one of those things.

I refuse to let this ruin my weekend and try my best to ignore that fucking pit in my stomach.

*Post Script*

I totally just laid it down to this annoying coworker... not in the mood for cordial office banter:

(while I'm on the phone with an agent)
Annoying Coworker: I need Brian's number!
- I point to my headset to indicate that I'm on the phone -
Annoying Coworker: I need Brian's number!
- I point, again, to my headset-
Annoying Coworker: Hey! Hey! I need your help!
- I rip off my headset when the agent hangs up -
So@24: What!? What is it? I was on the phone with ----!
Annoying Coworker: I need Brian's number and email
So@24: Brian? Just Brian? Care to elaborate? Perhaps a little more information to indicate which Brian you're referring to?
Annoying Coworker: Oh yeah.

Yeah, maybe I was being an asshole. Fuck it.

No comments:

Post a Comment