Monday, August 20, 2007

Epic Battle with My Penis


I had an interview this afternoon for a new job. I'm transitioning out and taking any interview that comes my way. I was fortunate enough to land an interview to be the personal assistant to an A lister. I met his current assistant for the interview at a Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf (so Hollywood) and we dived right into what the dirty details of the job.

So@24: So what's an average day like for you?
Assistant: Well, there really isn't an "average day" per se. It's 95% personal. Fixing things around the house. Walking his dog. Grocery shopping. Drycleaning. That stuff.
So@24: Hmmm... I see...
Assistant: I just want to be straight up honest with you about what it entails. But don't get me wrong, there are a few perks.
So@24: Like what?
Assistant: You get to travel with him where ever he goes. He goes to New York a lot, you get to hang out with him on set, you get to kick it with him in Vegas with his buddies and go on ski trips.
So@24: That's pretty amazing!
Assistant: Yeah, especially if you're straight and single. Trust me.
So@24: Dear Lord...

Of course we talked about other things besides the abundance and the consequence of star-struck girls. But damn. Isn't it sad that's one of the factor's I'm focused on. I can admit how pathetic that is.

At least I'm honest about it.

May the battle rage on...

No comments:

Post a Comment