Thursday, June 25, 2009

Throwing condoms out of window in Penang

Because some people just love to be disgusting

During my stay in Penang, me and my now ex-girlfriend stayed in an big apartment in the Sunrise Tower, which is a condo in Gurney drive. We had one small room and a shared bathroom with some students (2 girls), who also had a room nearby. There were 2 guys living near our room on the other side. We shared a wall, but we did not share a bathroom with them. And then there was another couple, a guy from China with a local Chinese girlfriend. They were near the main entrance and therefore far from us.

It was basically a big apartment with 4 bedrooms and a big living room in the centre, a kitchen and even with a balcony that had a nice view. Everyone had the keys to the main door and to his own room. We didn't mingle a lot, everyone was mostly in their rooms. Sometimes me and my ex would cook something in the kitchen or hang clothes in the balcony and she would have small talk with some of the people who passed by, but that was all. The most shy were the two guys who lived together. I mean, 2 guys in one small room? Suspicious to me in the beginning. Anyway, I never thought that they were gay or something. I had other things on my mind.

So one day, when we were hanging clothes, I saw that there were condoms thrown out of the window (1st photo) where that couple stayed with the guy from China and a local girl. I was thinking how gross! Why can't you just throw the used condoms in the trash and take the trash out? How can you just open your window after sex and throw them out? Disgusting. What if it fell down on someone's balcony below? Yuk yuk yuk! Well, I've been in Malaysia and I've seen pretty gross things when it comes to garbage. Many people have no bad conscience for littering, it seems like it's no big deal to them. I saw people throwing garbage out of the car on highways. It's sad and I hope Malaysians will become aware that pollution and littering is bad for the environment and especially for the people (talking about health issues).

Well, my encounter with thrown condoms wasn't over. On the photo on the left are condoms thrown out of the window in that room with the two guys. I have no proof that they were gay, but I have a strong suspicion. Not only there's like so many condoms appearing as they were used recently, there's even a small tube of lube! And that makes the case pretty strong. Not that I care, whether they're gay or not (nothing wrong with that), but please if you have sex, don't throw condoms out of your window! It's gross. I was lucky to find out about this in my last days.

The thing is, in Malaysia, most of the windows are covered with window grills, so you can't stick your head out and have a look. I spotted those condoms, because I stretched out my arm and snapped some random photos with my camera just out of curiousity. Little did I expect that horrifying photo! Anyway, I hope people would put a bit more effort in throwing things in the trash and then bringing them out to the garbage bin. That's how me and my girlfriend did it and it didn't kill us.

[My MALAYSIA page][My PENANG page][All photos by MKL, 2007]

No comments:

Post a Comment