Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Renovating our house (part 3)

Today I did some work on the former garage. It was build by my grandpa some 30 years ago and he never finished the rough coating. Since I was young, there was only those ugly bricks. So recently, when I had the chance, I did some work on this part. It looks like not a lot of work, but it was a whole lot! I'm not a brick layer, so I had to teach myself. I think I did ok. Not great, but ok. I also finished the fence door. I painted it yesterday and today I put it back on hinges. I had to make a small warning sign with the inscription RINI! which means PUSH! in Slovenian. My asshat of an uncle pulled instead of pushing and he ripped the whole door out. So I had to redo it. I hope now he'll be at least literate enough to read RINI! and not rip out my door again. I'm tired of redoing it over and over. Here's the pics.

1 The garage wall like it used to be.

2 The garage wall after I put on the rough coating.


3 The fence door, finally back on the hinges.

[Photos by MKL, 2009]

No comments:

Post a Comment