Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Hail, hail... part 2

OMG! Today we had another hail storm and this time was 2 times crazier! Last time my car was fine and the roof was fine, too. But today was apocaliptic! First the whole sky became grey, then it started to rain. Suddenly I see hail, just a little bit at first. So I decided to run down and cover my car with some wood. I got hit by some hail stones in my head as big as wallnuts. I ran back in like crazy. Then it started pouring like crazy: Heavy rain and hail all together mixed with a huge wind. It was scary. Suddenly my sister says: "Mum, it's dripping in my room!" I knew it came from the attic, so I ran upstairs and checked the roof: Smashed! About 5 tiles were totally broken, that's why it hailed and rained inside - it was all wet. I told my mum we need to repair that immediately. I had to go outside in the storm to bring spare roof tiles which we store in some old garage. I was all wet, but brought like 5 of them, while my mum tried to contain the rain coming in from the roof. Luckily the hail eased up a little and we fixed the roof. Soon after that it was over. The damage was big. We were first time hit by a natural disaster so badly. We had to go down and get some more roof tiles, maybe like 15 of them. So many of them on the roof were partly broken and some even had holes, so we had to change those, too. But we couldn't change every one, even if it was partly broken. If it hasn't leaked, we just left it, because we're almost running out of spare tiles. I hope there won't be more of these natural desasters, because it's really tough to keep our old house intact. Apart from the house roof, there were holes in the roofs of some other buildings, like the garage and an old barn. Some walls were pretty dirty, my mum's roses and bushes were hit, too (their petals and leaves were all damaged). They can grow back, but the roof has to be repaired. The most unfortunate was my car. Even though I covered it, the wind removed the wood protection and the bonnet was exposed to some heavy hits. It's full of dents now. But if I hadn't covered it, it would be even worse. I still think I was lucky. The roof of the car is mostly ok, but on the edge there's few nasty dents. I don't know how anyone could fix those. I guess I need to live with that now. I just comfort myself by thinking it could be much worse.

1 First it was just rain, so I had the chance to cover my car.


2 Then it started pouring and hailing like crazy


3 The cover fell off. I was like damn!


4 Smashed tiles and hail stones on our lawn


5 Our main yard full of hail, it was like snowing


6 Hail stone on my palm big as a wallnut


7 The trees left a lot of leaves on the ground


Please mother Nature, enough already for now! Please! I'm sick of hail for a long time! I still have a lot of cleaning up to do tomorrow. This year is crazy! Crazy changes and crazy weather. I wonder what more will happen. I'm expecting the worse.

[Photos by MKL, 2009] [Related post: Hail, Hail...]

No comments:

Post a Comment