Thursday, June 25, 2009

Michael Jackson dead! Unbelievable.

One of the best artists of all times, Michael Jackson, died! Unbelievable and shocking news. I was watching CNN, when I heard he's been sent to hospital. Then they announced he was in a coma. And suddenly I see on Twitter: Michael Jackson RIP on top of Trending Topics. I complained, because CNN said he's not dead. Then they announced it, too: King of pop is dead. Wow... Twitter was constantly over capacity, Wikipedia has problems. People flock in masses to that hospital in L.A. I mean, it all came so out of the blue! What a year. People die like it's Judgement day or something.
Well, he was King of pop! I've been very young, when Thriller came out, but throughout the eighties, they played it over and over. But I remember when Bad came out. I was 8 years old, but that Bad video was unbelievable. The way he danced and dressed up was so unique, you just couldn't be not impressed. And then the moonwalking. Tell me someone who did not try to moonwalk? He was just so unique, he could never be copied or surpassed by any other pop artist. Thriller will always remain the best selling album of all times, especially because people are buying albums less and less. My favourite Michael Jackson songs are: Billie Jean, Beat It, Bad, Smooth Criminal, We Are The World, Wanna Be Startin' Something, Man In The Mirror, Black Or White, Who Is It, Jam, Remember The Time, Say Say Say... OMG, it's like every of his 3 top albums (Thriller, Bad and Dangerous) is like all songs were hits! Sadly his downturn started after Dangerous. History was not bad, had many hits, but I felt it's just not as good as the stuff before. I really lost my words now... He was really such a great artist since his childhood. A genious. And all people can be proud of him, not only blacks, who are probably particularly proud.

Thank you, Michael Jackson, you will remain King of Pop forever.

Rest in peace.
[Photo: Source]

No comments:

Post a Comment