Thursday, July 16, 2009

About hypnotized killers and lovers

I was recently watching a show where they proved, that you can hypnotize a person to have full control over him and actually use him even for killing someone. There was a case was used for robbing a bank and killed two people along the way. But when they found out that he was hypnotized and therefore had no control over his actions, they started to look for the person behind all this. They found him, charged him with murder and sentenced him to prison. An interesting twist.


That made me think. I would never use someone to commit a crime, but I was thinking about something else: Would it be possible to hypnotize your dream woman to fall in love with you? I think it would be. But then again, how long would such a hypnosis stay? And something else would bother me: Wouldn't it be so fake when someone loved you, because you programmed him or her to do so? It would be a thrill for a short while, but some time later, at least for me, the magic would be gone. It just wouldn't be real, because the person would lose its original personality and it wouldn't be the dream girl or guy you used to phantasize about.

There's another thought I had: Isn't it same, when someone has a strong crush or an obsession? The admired person could also manipulate the obsessed one. Then again, I don't understand the joy of manipulating people. For me obsessive behavior is deemed extreme and unhealthy and it's a huge turn-off. I think it would be wiser to bring the obsessed person back to reality.

For me there's nothing more rewarding than real love that comes naturally. Every relationship has an initial period where you project all your desires and unreal expectations on your partner. But soon there comes a time, when you actually start getting to know the real person behind the image you created, you see all his or her flaws and downsides. In my experience that comes after a year. That's the time when your own hypnosis starts fading.

Damn, it happened to me 3 times, I need to learn from this. The next woman I fall in love with, I need to sober down in the initial phase and try to check the facts: Do we really have common interests, values and expectations? Not like what I usually do: Oh, you're not into politics? Oh, no problem. You don't like to talk about history, culture, world events? You have no opinion on any of these things? No problem. Well, it becomes a problem after a while when we have nothing to say to each other and the sex can't compensate for everything else that doesn't match. I want my girlfriend to be my best friend, my confidant and my lover. Is that too much to ask for? Some say they found their soulmate. Well, I don't know… I don't know wheather you're out there, but I won't push it to find you, I wish you'd find me. But maybe I'm hypnotized and don't want to face the reality. Maybe there's no perfect match out there for me.

[Photo: Screencap of Ayumi Hamasaki video]

No comments:

Post a Comment