Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A new bloginning

This is a new beginning for me as a blogger. I changed my blog title, my blogger name and the blog URL. I wanted to change my blog skin for a while now. I tweaked here and there on my old one, but I was never really satisfied.
I left my old blog behind, but only the platform. All my previous posts were imported here, so it's basically a new design with old content and a new direction. Sooner or later one has to improve and mature and now is the right time to do that. I was drawn in a conflict I did not really want. I have expected something to backfire, but not in a way it did. It was way beyond appropriate and acceptable and that was my point that I defended. Well, I felt like my old blog was being ransacked by an angry mob only to find something agaoinst me and to portray me in a negative light. I'm not afraid of that, but I am ready and I want to be one step ahead. For me the blog name is not important and the hits I got from that controversy are also not important. I do appreciate my followers, especially those who give me feedback. I will continue to work on my blog, because I love blogging. But I noticed that lately I was negatively influenced by other bloggers. I need to stop with that and return to my roots, when I wrote about things that really interested me, things that really mattered and still do. Quality must overtake quantity again. Sure, I'll still write about everything and some posts will be better, some will be worse, but I know one thing: I will stop caring about other bloggers. I was always like that and I fared pretty well, I never had any problems. Most important is to acknowledge one's mistakes and to find out the reason. I did so and I know I won't repeat my mistakes again. And it's sooooo refreshing to just get rid of so many creepy followers, who read my blog daily and never responed or the readers from my native country that I hoped won't read my blog, because I don't want them to read my blog. I know some will find me, I will get new weird followers, but now I am prepared well. I am one step ahead. I learned a lot in the recent weeks and especially days. Now I need to implement that.

Wish me good luck.

MKL

No comments:

Post a Comment