Friday, July 17, 2009

A wise man

“A wise man makes his own decisions, an ignorant man follows public opinion”
(Chinese proverb)

I wonder why I didn't change my habits when I got the chance last week, when the internet was down. It's funny when you know that temperance is the key for a happy life, when you know that being in the middle is where you can sail smoothly. Yet, I always tend to go to the extreme. I am aware of my current problems, I know my behavior is a way of running away from them. I have to be a rock that stands firmly in times of turbulence and confusion and stop being a feather that's affected by every breeze. I learned that today.

I need to value myself higher and be more self-confident and not allow people to treat me in a way I do not deserve, because I did a lot for them. I always strive for equality in human relations, if it gets unbalanced, I tend to question the entire relation.

But this is not about other people and human relations, it's about me becoming a wiser man, building myself up, building a stronghold in my real world environment rather than building something shaky and unstable in the unreal world.

No comments:

Post a Comment