Monday, November 5, 2007

Steel Reserve and a 9 Iron Can Be Therapeutic

After a particularly rough Friday, Sunday came as a pleasant surprise.

I absolutely hate doing any kind of physical/outdoor activity (except soccer), so when Jack suggested we do something instead of pumping out livers full of poison, I was less than enthused. When Leo and Jack wanted to do a hike on Runyon Canyon and I had already planned to sit at home in my boxers eating baked beans with a large soup spoon out of a tin can.

However, plans changed and they suggested hitting off a few golf balls at the driving range. I'm no golfer, but I've recently acquired a taste for knocking the shit out of a little white ball to let off some steam.

Of course, I had them stop by the local grocery store to pick up some beverages. It was my turn to buy. Steel Reserve 12 pack for $5.99. Buyer's choice!

It was extremely relaxing. Watching the pollution of Los Angeles creating a cool purpley/orangey horizon as you launch little white balls off a square of artificial grass. Sipping on some suds with your buddies.

It's simple distractions like that, that really matter during these weird "down" times.

No comments:

Post a Comment