Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Back in the Motherland Pt. 3: Chat with the Broski

I haven't had a chance to spend any one on one time with my brother since returning home. So I thought it would be a good idea to grab a pitcher with just him.

We saddled up on a couple of bar stools at this local hang out. I had him get the first pitcher, reminding him that he owed me from the other night. He opened his mouth to argue, but then took it like a champion.

After sitting through a couple songs of the worst karaoke ever (these people absolutely obliterated "Sweet Caroline" and "Something Like That") we started chit chatting.

My brother and I only started really getting along within the past couple of years. We're complete opposite and always have been. We've NEVER come remotely close to having a serious discussion. So when he started bring up subjects such as Lynn and sex, I had to grip the table to keep from falling ass over tea kettle. These may not seem like such a big deal, but if you knew that our relationship is founded only on grabbing Carl's Jr. and playing each other on Halo 3 and Street Fighter 2, you'd appreciate the circumstances better.

Lil' Bro: So how many girls have you been with since the whole thing?
So@24: -nervous chuckle- Uhhhhh... none?
Lil' Bro: Shut the fuck up.
So@24: I'm serious.
Lil' Bro: -slams down glass and grabs my collar with both hands- You haven't done ANYthing??
So@24: No, bitch! Where are your numbers at??
Lil' Bro: You don't wanna know.
So@24: Tell me. Just give it to me straight.
Lil' Bro: Let's just say, less than 20, more than 15.
So@24: You're getting the next pitcher too, asshole.


Lil' Bro: Hey. Be honest. Do you miss her?
-sputter-
-wipes Bud Light off mouth with back of hand-
So@24: Lynn?
Lil' Bro: Who else would I be talking about, fucker?
So@24: I mean, yeah of course.
Lil' Bro: I kind of do, too. I miss having her around.
So@24: Hmmm.
-we both take a swig of our pints-

We clammed up for a bit after that. Endured some more terrible karaoking until we could take no more. I tossed a few bucks on the table to close out and we headed back home.

* * *

In other news, Nursey has been texting me out of the blue asking about my plans for the rest of the week. Hmmm, I'm smelling real potential here, boys and girls.

But you know my thoughts on sloppy seconds. This is a serious head scratcher.

No comments:

Post a Comment