Wednesday, November 7, 2007

... And We're Back

So much for the hiatus.

I'm not going to stop writing. I've said it from the beginning that I'm not going to censor myself, no matter what and I feel like I should stick to that creed.

I've gone back and reread my entries and there's nothing incriminating or to be embarrassed about. I'm not quite sure how my blog got leaked, but fuck it. I'll admit that it knocked my wind out a bit knowing that it was discovered by someone in my circle. Leo pointed out to me it'd be "an injustice" if I'd stopped... almost 5,000 view can't be wrong. "Injustice" might be a stretch, but I'll take the compliment when I can get it!

But this does give me a moment to address again why I started this in first place.

I wanted to do a real, accurate account of what it's like to enter into the dating world for the first time at an age when people have already experienced all the awkward situations and feelings that come with it. It'd be honest and I thought I'd hit a niche where the anecdotes to come out of it would be both hard to swallow at times and other times absolutely hilarious.

I thought it'd be interesting to see the transformation.

Also, I like to write. It's a great way for me to vent. And I know what it's like to be a friend on the receiving end of a post-break up conversation. They can only be supportive for so long before they get sick of hearing you discuss your heartache over and over again. So instead of putting them in the awkward position of pretending to care to and feigning interest, I signed up for a place where I can do it guilt free. And to write about what I want to write about.

-dusts hands-

Well, that was fun, kiddos. May the adventures of So@24 continue!




And to my new guest... "welcome".

No comments:

Post a Comment