Wednesday, November 28, 2007

A Response to "She Calls."


I had a feeling that yesterday's post would stir up a bit of controversy. And instead of tackling each response individually, I thought I'd make it a separate entry.

The overall consensus seems to be raised eyebrows and genuine concern.

It's difficult to really describe my thought process accurately and effectively. Afterall, I'm still in a bit of a shock from the whole thing.

But I can honestly assure you that I'm not thinking, "Oh great! This is the first steps of getting back together!" or anything of that sort. I'm most certainly not "hung up". And I'd put all my money on the fact that she's not thinking that either.

My routine hasn't changed and I don't see it changing anytime soon. I'd be lying if I said I didn't find myself thinking about her a little more often since Monday evening, but I think that's normal under the circumstances. So for now, I'm completely fine.

I really am just happy that I was able to talk to my friend.

Jack: I'm vicariously overwhelmed for you. I think it's good.
So@24: Everyone's not as optimistic as me though.
Jack: Dude, I feel you. It's like scratching an itch. We are what we are.
So@24: Everyone's not as optimistic as me though.
Jack: Hey, I say as long as you're calling it what it was, a check-in, and not reading way too much between the lines, you are in solidly healthy territory.
So@24: Which is exactly what it is. Two friends catching up, laughing about old jokes, etc.
Jack: But it's still exciting. Really honest to God, I got all nervous/giddy for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment