Thursday, November 15, 2007

Samson


I'm a lazy, lazy man. And I really hate shaving.

Last week, I made a joke to Leo that I was going to grow the beard out. He actually challenged me to do so and now I'm on day 12. I must say, it's coming in quite nicely. Much better than I thought. I even got a couple compliments from the party! "I usually don't like facial hair, but it looks good!"

This isn't going to last though, I'm mostly doing it for the comedic effect. This bad boy is going to be lopped off when I return home this weekend, after I show Mimi. I promised her that I'd keep it until she saw it in person.

However...

A girl who I was friends with in college (not extremely close) called me last night out of the blue to tell me she's in town for the weekend. Tonight is my last night in LA before returning home, so tonight is it. I never thought too much of her when we were in school (girlfriend at the time, remember?), but she's looking pretty cute these days. In town. One night. Be cool, So, be cool.


Do I really want her to see me for the first time with my awkward beard? It's funny, yes. But I'm pretty sure I'm not putting my best foot forward looking like Judge Ito.

I have a few hours to make a decision. Do I keep the beard and embrace my humorous side? Or do I shave and avoid looking like the shifty eyed bar fly who sips his Wild Turkey (neat, of course), sitting on a bar stool in the corner, ashing his lone cigarette on his snake skinned boots?

Who knew that trolling for booty would force me to make these tough choices?

No comments:

Post a Comment