Thursday, April 15, 2010

Trip to Seoul: My second day

It's amazing how huge Seoul is and how many historic sights it has

Dongdaemun or the Big East Gate.

Day two in Seoul is over and I gotta tell ya, that was quite a day. I guess I broke my personal record in extreme sightseeing. I walked around Seoul for 10h today! I left the hostel at 10.30 and returned at 20.30. Today I covered almost all the palaces. Only have one left for tomorrow. The thing is, every palace needs at least 1-2h to walk around and make tons of pics and see everything. And I'm like that: I wanna see everything.

I took a lot of photos of the cherry blossoms.

I spent most of the time around palaces and parks today. I also spend a lot of time around Cheonggye stream, a 6km long stream in the middle of central Seoul. I walked very far and actually made a mistake. I went into the wrong direction and ended up at some random SMRT station. I took the train back to the central part, but it was ok. I basically just walked intuitively, followed some nice views and made tons of pics. I took nearly 600 today. And tomorrow I have another day, yay! I will walk around all day, too. Heck, I can sleep in Taipei, but I'm not every day here. My legs and feet are killing me and my face looks like a lobster. The sun was so strong today, it really burned me a little. But it's ok, I'm the Nordic blond type and tan doesn't remain on me for very long. Usually after a week I'm pale fair again.

Nothing special happened to me today. Only a girl approached me at one of the palaces and asked, if I can do a survey. I agreed and it took me some 10min. She was nice and gave me a little key chain with a girl in hanbok. Cute :) Other than that, nothing's worth to mention. I was always on the move, I even ate some street food. Tomorrow I need to find some time to relax. I covered most of the sights today, so tomorrow I can take it slower. But I also plan to go out, it's Friday night and the hostel owner, Danny, told me about 2 famous places, where young people go and also Westerners. I need to try some soju tomorrow, even if I have nobody to share with.

Oh, btw, I ate Manjoo today. You can see a photo here. She It was yummy! :-P

What's coming up

I will show you the modern Seoul.

I will show you the historic Seoul.

I will post photos of amazing gardens.

I will show you some delicious Korean street food.

And I will write my observations about Koreans, like why men touch each other.

In the coming days and weeks expect tons of Seoul posts. I know I will be updating a lot, because I will post about every palace, garden or interesting building. I don't expect you to comment on every post, but I will be happy, if you do ;-) Just take it easy and enjoy Seoul the way I do. And you may even learn something, because I tell you, I did learn a lot about Korea just in one day. Korea is really awesome and I really really hope that I will have the chance to see it again one day and stay longer, maybe explore the whole country. But for now, I'm here like it's my first and last time. And I hope that my blog will become a source of info for others, who are interested in Seoul or Korea. Thanks for your understanding ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment