Monday, April 26, 2010

Hangang Park, Yeouido

Beautiful park on a beautiful island in Seoul with lots of sakura


Hangang park (한강공원) is a beautiful park on a famous Yeouido island (여의도) in the middle of Seoul next to the majestic Han river, that separates this awesome city into two parts. I've been recommended to see this place by the owner of the hostel I've stayed in and I tell you, I was not disappointed. Yeouido became one of my favorite spots in Seoul and if I have the chance to visit again, I will definitely stay in the park longer and explore the island further. I was so lucky to see the peak of the cherry blossoms in Korea and the sakura was really really beautiful, the most beautiful in whole Seoul, I would say. Also the famous landmark skyscraper Building 63 is here. Yeouido is also called "Seoul's Wallstreet", because of its stock street and business district. But let my photos do the speaking here:

I took the subway from central Seoul to Yeouinaru station. The first thing I saw was the Han river and Namsan tower in the back and a beautiful park along the river banks, the place I wanted to see - the Hangang park.

I saw young Korean couples riding tandems.

People riding jet ski on the river Han.

Enjoying a nice afternoon on the river banks. On the right is the Wonhyodaegyo bridge.

Mount Namsan in the center, with the famous Namsan tower.

Mapodaegyo bridge on the left side.

Hangang park under the warm spring sun.

The famous Building 63.

People renting bikes near the Building 63. More about the skyscraper on the link below:

Check my high-def Building 63 photos here>>

Do you remember her from this post? She was waiting for someone.

Young Koreans playing games, having fun.

After walking around the park a bit, I decided to go to the cherries above.

A beautiful tree alley of cherries in full blossom.

One of my favorite Seoul trip photos. I love it.

The cherries on Yeouido were planted by the Japanese during the occupation of Korea.

Sakura close-up.

Do you remember them? Many beautiful Korean girls took photos of the sakura here.

And the sakura (cherry blossoms) was truly amazing here.

So thick, so pure... so majestic.

I went to a little café nearby and enjoyed a nice coffee...

View from the café. I took a rest and left soon after. My Seoul adventure was at its peak.

How do you like the photos?

[My Main SEOUL page][All photos by MKL, 2010][Info: Yeouido, Hangang Park]

No comments:

Post a Comment