Thursday, March 19, 2009

How Dora the Explorer Will Save Future Generations of Short Guys & Other Random Thoughts

I bring you...

My first bullet point entry.

* I was in New York last week and I haven't been in 10 years. For some reason, I fell in love with every girl there. Maybe it's the girls and their liberal usage of the scarf to protect themselves against the harsh New York weather. The cute, little waitresses, the girls thumbing through books in coffee shops... I dunno, it drove me crazy. Maybe it's a "grass is greener on the other side" kind of phenomenon. But New York? I love you.

* I decided that if I were to ever get to the point in my life where I need to come up with an elaborate lie to get the attention of a complete stranger, I concocted the greatest story:

Cute Girl:
So what do you do for a living?
So@24: Oh, I'm a junior executive at Sephora. It kind of fell into my lap right out of college, but it's a great gig. Maybe you've heard of us?

How perfect is that? Because we all know that girlies love chapstick. It's a universal fact.

* There's been some controversy over Dora the Explorer growing up. I'm not sure what the big deal is, but angry blogging mommies are up in digital arms over it. If you don't know who Dora the Explorer is, you've obviously been living in a outer space. In a cave. With a blindfold on. And giant headphones.

Please view exhibit A:

Go forth and do good.

I, for one, embrace this change.

These angry parents are missing the point completely. Dora will actually be doing an enormous favor for future generations of short guys (such as myself). I have been waiting for the day (perhaps ignorantly) when stilettos will go the way of the buffalo (I made all my prom dates wear flats; thanks for being such a champ, Lynn). Waiting for heels to go out of style.

Dora sporting the fashionable round-toed, FLATS is going to show future generations of females:

"Hey kids, you don't need to wear footwear that's extremely uncomfortable and makes you tower over your dates just to be hip & cool! Because your hero Dora doesn't either!"

Maybe this bubonic plague of the eternally short guy will finally have the vaccine we've been waiting for. Dora the Explorer. In flats. Not heels.

So to all the future short guys out there, this is a big win for the lil guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment