Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Kiss


You stood there, waiting. Finally I saw you. Wow. Is that really who you are? I could not believe it. The silhouette of your body in front of the city lights was just so breath-taking and surreal, I thought I was dreaming. Maybe I was. You waved. How could you? It wouldn't be necessary. I spotted you among them, I knew that nobody else would wear that amazing dress you put on just for me. Your long hair was swept by the warm breeze of that temperate night and it made the image of you unforgettably perfect. I lost sight of everything around myself, all the noisy people around me, the cab drivers driving at my pace, shouting something that just didn't make sense to me in that split second I was drawn to you.

And there it was: The moment.

I stopped two meters in front of you, the marvellous silhouette of an angel turned into a gorgeous woman with radiant eyes and a smile that was only meant for me. A smile so honest and pure, it made me feel that everything was right in that moment. I needed to look into your glowing eyes, before we touched. Your embrace felt safe, comfortable. Your lovely head on my chest and your arms wrapped around me felt like the world can stop any minute. My world did. Basking in each other's presence, our eyes met again and I knew it was the right moment to kiss you. My hand went from caressing your hair to gently touching your chin, lifting it slowly. The moment froze. We looked each other in the eyes again, deeply: Goose bumps. I leant toward you, our noses touched tenderly, our lips were almost there. I tilted my head and pulled you closer to me. Our lips brushed, then touched: Explosion. Adrenaline. My heart pounding so hard, I could feel it in my fingertips. It was a soft kiss, yet a long one. It felt like we want to make it last forever. As soon as we became more and more comfortable with each other, we closed our eyes and while the soft kissing sounds were inaudible to passers-by, we felt like we're invisible, too. We were hungry for more. Your lips were so tender, so inviting, I just could not imagine ever letting go or stop coming back. We became silly and our kiss turned into kisses which turned into smiles and relaxing laughs. That was when you said:"You're not a bad kisser". And you smiled almost cheekily. "You're not bad yourself either", I replied and winked. Then I took your sweet little hand, intertwined my fingers with yours and we walked off into the city lights.

It was the next morning when I realized that all our clothes, that were shattered around the room, and especially your panties, that were hanging on the door knob, looked suspiciously like we didn't...

No comments:

Post a Comment