Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I feel like a shrink and a patient at the same time

“I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.”
(by Stephen Wright)

I feel melancholic. I don't know if I really am, but it's weird. My mood keeps changing and I seem to be in an uncontrollable state where I don't know how the next day will really be. I can't really say that anything bad has happen or that I experienced something very disappointing. Maybe it's my hormones running wild? I have no clue. It's all in my mind and my perception. It's those days where you question your own actions and actions of others, then you overanalyze them and in the end, you know nothing more than you did before. I used to chat with many people lately and I felt like a shrink and a patient at the same time. I'm happy when people come to me and seek my advice or just need a listener. Then again, it triggered a release of my own emotions and I think I shared too much than I usually would. I guess I'm very sensitive lately. That's obvious from the last posts I wrote. I'm totally not into politics or intellectual things now. A while ago, I would be riled at US politics, wondering how come people call Obama a Nazi, while he just tries to reform a healthcare system that's obviously unfair and unsustainable. But now, I'm like whatever. I feel like so many people around me have personal issues and we're all somehow becoming shrinks and patients, we all know how to help others, but we have poor solutions for ourselves. Nevertheless, talking about it helps. Maybe not immediately, but things are certainly better than they were before you pour out your heart. Thanks again to all my recent shrinks and it was also a pleasure to be a shrink for you.
[Photo: Source]

No comments:

Post a Comment