Monday, May 12, 2008

"You Coulda Cleaned Up!"

I've heard this phrase said to me a handful of times.

It's usually on night where I decided to go home early [got too drunk at the bar] or stay in [got too drunk before going to bar] or I didn't join my friends at the bar they wanted to go to [wanted to drink at home after the bar].

But it's always under the same circumstances. "You coulda cleaned up, man!"

"Really?? Why??"

"It was all asians there!"

Huh. So it's come to that has it?

Is that really what it's going to take? Are my only chances with asian girls? Even at that, how can people be so sure that magically, the scales will tip in my favor?

It's no secret that I'm a halfie, but why is it that people always think I am going to fare much better when I am with girls who share the same ethnicity as me? I wonder if this is a trend that holds water.

No comments:

Post a Comment