Thursday, March 6, 2008

Leo's Soapbox: The Wedding

So@24: I just got a FedEx package. It's filled with tons of candy.
Leo: ... from?
So@24: Guess.
Leo: Andy? Or Lynn?
So@24: Nope, but both good guesses.
Leo: Beth?
So@24: Yeeeeeup.
-flicks toothpick-
Leo: Did she include the composite of her and your high school yearbook photos to show what your kids might look like?
So@24: How'd you know?
Leo: You got raged on for thinking of taking Beth to the wedding on the ol' bloggy.
So@24: I sure did. But that was to be expected.
Leo: But I don't think you should take her because you two will get wasted and do something dumb. Or maybe just have sex.
So@24: ...
Leo: I'm going to call it now. Now that things are out in the open, Beth is going to try and regain your interest and vis a vis her self esteem by swooning you, alcohol will come into play and you'll end up drunk and fucking.
So@24: Why would we now when we haven't the last two times booze was involved?
Leo: Because things are out in the open now.
So@24: I'm not sure I'm following how your point leads to that conclusion.
Leo: Things are spoken... the attraction is acknowledged... it makes moving forward easier. Essentially, the slope is slippier.
So@24: I dunno, man. Especially now that we are both supposed to be on our best behavior... cutting out the coupley shit. I'm looking at it like a test.
Leo: Boobs and alcohol are your kypotonite. And apparently she puts the blood in your pee pee. All the ingredients present, just mix and bake.
So@24: My feeling is that New Years was it. If it didn't happen then, it's not going to happen now.
Leo: That's just my call.

No comments:

Post a Comment