Monday, March 17, 2008

Gerbil in a Cornfield

Beth: Come on, admit it.
So@24: Admit what?
Beth: You still have feelings for her.
So@24: There's a difference between still having reminiscing, nostalgic feelings for someone you dated 6 years with VS. being this shell of a man who is losing sleep and can't do normal functions of his life because he's engulfed with a girl.
Beth: It's not one or the other. There's a middle ground in there. I'm sorry for teasing.
So@24: I do miss certain things though. I miss how everything with her was black and white. I knew how she felt about me and that she legitimately cared about me and I never once questioned it. I guess when you don't have that, you miss the simplicity and security of it all.

And then when you lose 'em, you're like a gerbil in a cornfield... terrified of all these eagles circling overhead.
Beth: At least you can be proud of your own character now, if not the past. I mean, imagine if you two ever got back together... it would be a much, much, much better relationship
So@24: I'm still racked with guilt at what a shitty boyfriend I was. But you're right, it was definitely a bucket of ice water dumped on me.
Beth: At least you got the opportunity to be have that conversation with her. Salvage at last something from the relationship and be happy that you got a chance to apologize and have her hear you.

No comments:

Post a Comment