Monday, October 26, 2009

Invest in human relations

*Here's a thought I had yesterday. It was part of a long email, so I'm sharing the best part here.

Our lives are short, if you think well. Becoming 30 for me seemed so fast. And I feel 40, 50, 60 will arrive quite as fast, too. Life is short, that's why we need to make the best of it. Maybe a young soul searches, we all search at one point of our lives, but when we find what we were looking for, we have to cherish it. Nothing in this world can be taken for granted. One day you are happy, the next day you can be miserable. People get born, people die. Sometimes I think I must do something extrordinary in life. In the end all the material things fade away, what remains are human relations - bonds between lovers, parents, friends... I have so much to give, so many people to meet, so much to learn. I hope my life will be long enough. I cherish human relations the most in this world. I don't want to be remembered by what kind of car I drove or how big my house was, I want to be remembered as a nice person, as someone who will be missed for who he was: A giving person, a listener, a loyal friend, a good husband, a loving father. These are my goals in life. I do need to have enough resources to take care for me and my future family, of course. But accumulating wealth won't be the most important thing in my life. I will invest in relations. I will build up strong relationships, spread love, be positive. I may not succeed always, but I will learn and hopefully mature in my life.

[Photo by Adrienne L. Malohne: Source]

No comments:

Post a Comment