Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Amy Star about hostile people online

My friend Amy Star left a great comment on my blog and I am reposting it here:

"I think that people who are generally hostile online feel powerless in their lives and use the anonymity of the internet to lash out at strangers, because they feel unable to deal with the people they know. Like that troll you mentioned on Twitter today: I'm sure that individual envies anything good in others' lives (like your blog) and tries to trash it. It's a misguided attempt to make her/himself feel better by trying to make others feel worse. These people don't realize that happiness isn't a zero sum game: more happiness for one doesn't necessarily mean less happiness for another. In fact, happiness and love breed more happiness and love. Love is so much more powerful than fear."

She makes good points, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment