Thursday, October 8, 2009

666999

Here is another symbolic photo shoot by Argentinian photographer Antonella Arismendi, focusing on the 999/666 numerological theme. It's always worth remembering that a lot of the symbolism I post on is not the result of the Illuminists' total control of the media. Some of the photographers are simply interested in these kinds of subjects (psychological/esoteric/conspiracy/dark stuff I find fascinating) so use them in their work (unlike insane pervert predators like Terry Richardson [see this post, but definitely intend to do a post on him at some point] and other establishment photographers), in the unlikely event I ever were to get into photography it's pretty obvious what kind of themes I would be using (in an attempt to wake them up to the important issues). I realize a lot of that is common sense but I think it should be said anyway (I was thinking of putting something about it in the original post, that the photographer was probably trying to enlighten rather than subversively using symbolism). I think it says a lot that Antonella is the first artist/photographer to have contacted me about my post on their work, saying (hopefully she won't mind me sharing it): "Wow, it was a great surprise to find my work on your blog so well interpreted. Not much people can understand the message behind my images. Thank you! Best, Anto" which was nice (to know I'm not way off on some of my interpretations) and surprising to receive, my post on her work served as the first post of the blog on her site.

Lots of illuminated triangles which also plays into the numerology with it's 3 sides, 3x3=9, 3+3=6, 3 cubed = 27 [2+7=9], you can read about the numerology on Antonella's blog (link to google translation [the page numbers will probably change so that link may not work soon, just click older entries]) where there are some really interesting videos there too (though admittedly a lot of the spiritual, ascension, 2012 type stuff does go a little over my head). Note the eye in the pyramid (with an added point of light from the top/'capstone' of the triangle, the swimming pool looks like a 'pool of light') above.




I think these light circles/spirals goes into the 6/9 symbolism as it is drawn almost like a spiral (as in, as you draw the 6 or 9 it feels natural to keep the circular motion going; and obviously if you spin a 6 180 degrees it becomes a 9; for 2012 believers this probably symbolizes the 'end of a cycle' in terms of consciousness expanding), this spinning/spiraling motif plays into the multiple exposure/blurred image above with the models appearing to act out a frenzied trance/dissociation kind of scene (note that the male model is not blurred at all and is in a 'strong' pose). So anyway, I enjoyed this set so wanted to put it in a very quick post and look forward to seeing more excellent symbolic work from Antonella's burgeoning career in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment