Sunday, October 11, 2009

About followers and followers


Do I have the Twitter blues? Because sometimes I wonder why some people communicate on Twitter with me, yet find it hard to follow me. Are my tweets so annoying? I've seen worse ;-)

I have this policy on Twitter: Unless it's a news source or celebrity, I would follow people who communicate with me at least sometimes. I mostly add bloggers, because it's the easiest way to connect outside the blogosphere. You can exchange links, ideas, thoughts. It's fun. :-)

I guess everybody has a group of people (twiens, friends) to chat with daily and a bunch of news sources and random people to chat with occasionally. I try to keep my number low, because I want to connect with those who I want to follow. But I'm pretty open-minded when it comes to adding people. Just talk to me, I'm nice. I would always reply back [*unless you're a spam bot] and I would follow you back, if you seem friendly and really interested in getting to know me. I delete spammers immediately, but sometimes some random [*real] people follow me, but never @me. I don't block them, but I don't follow back either.

But recently I decided to unfollow some people who silently unfollowed me and I deemed them as twiens. That's no biggie. It's a free #tworld ;-) Like in real life, people come and go, so that's nothing special. Same goes for blogging. Followers come and go... So may I: I may come, I may go. In the blogosphere I usually give more than I recieve, but now I need to focus on those who give me the same attention that I give to them (be it on Twitter or blogs). Some people could be more appreciative, I guess, but then again, I live by my standards and they live by theirs. So..., whatever. To each his own [*my favorite saying for online issues].

[*Don't we all have some complaints about twitteres and bloggers? Hehe...]

Ok, a serious question: What are your blog or Twitter policies regarding following and commenting?

[Photo: My cat on my bed while I'm tweeting. She doesn't really care about Twitter]

No comments:

Post a Comment