Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Would you eat Cock?

Cock fried chicken that is.

"Cock fried chicken" hawker in Banciao.

This is a new hawker at one of my favorite night markets in Banqiao near the Xinpu MRT. They sell chicken meat, but it seems that they're not very popular, because I've not seen a lot of people there. I guess Taiwanese don't like to eat their cock. I think I need to ask my girlfriend why. I wonder, if she'd try their cock. We've been walking around there quite many times, but their cock didn't tempt her so far. Would you eat that cock? If not this one, how do you like your cock? LOL. I wonder, if they chose a wise name for their establishment, because I tried to google some more info about them, but I only got some weird results of men and women naked and stuff :-P

On a totally unrelated note, I've had chicken testicles at a wedding party some time ago. Just thought of posting a photo for you here:

"Chicken testicles" at a wedding dinner in Taiwan.

The dish is said to be *drumrolls "good for your sexual power" and only men are supposed to eat it, so they say in Taiwan. Did you expect anything else? :-P Would you try it?

My collection of weird Taiwanese dishes is now quite big, from "shit" to chicken feet and frog, I've tried many foods that my fellows in Slovenia would not dare to even come close to. But guess what? Trying crazy food is a lot of fun. You should try it yourself. ;-)

[Taiwan]
[All photos by MKL, 2010]

No comments:

Post a Comment