Tuesday, May 11, 2010

About our trip to Southern Taiwan

About the best trip of my whole Taiwan adventure so far

I saw the famous 378m tall Tuntex Sky Tower, which I always wanted to see...

Tainan mapI've just come back from the most southern part of Taiwan, called Kenting National Park (垦丁国家公园). My girlfriend and I went there for a two days trip and we really had a blast. We haven't only been to Kenting, we also spent a lot of time in Kaohsiung (高雄), Taiwan's second largest city and biggest port, where I finally saw the famous 378m tall Tuntex Sky Tower (高雄85大樓), a building I always wanted to see. We also spend a little time in Tainan (台南), Taiwan's fourth largest city and one of the oldest and historically most significant cities on the island. Unfortunately, we spent a bit too much time in Kaohsiung and arrived in Tainan after dawn, so we didn't have the chance to make great photos. But I plan to revisit Tainan one day, it looked really great with all the old temples and parks. I really want to see it during the day, that's for sure. All in all, Southern Taiwan is really beautiful, it looked like a different country to me. Some parts reminded me of Malaysia, the climate, the flora, the sea and the sea food. It was really hot, over 30 degrees with a blue sky and a scorching sun even at 8.30 am! My face and upper back were burnt badly. The rainy and sometimes cold Taipei of recent made me forget what it means to walk under the sun. I should've protected myself... but well. I'm already better today. I try to forget that and just remember the awesome time we had. We took over 1400 photos, saw a lot in the limited time we had. It was so far my best Taiwan trip and the time spend with my girlfriend is really precious to me. I will never forget how I sat on the scooter (which I dread to ride) and she drove me to the most southern tip of this beautiful island... ah, why am I rambling. Let the photos do the talking...

We visited the awesome city of Kaohsiung (Gaoxiong), Taiwan's second largest city.

We saw the famous Tiger and Dragon pagoda and the Lotus lake.

We saw the afternoon sun in the Taiwan's most southern part.

We saw the most pristine beaches of Southern Taiwan.

We've seen the famous lighthouse at the most southern tip of Taiwan.

This is the view from the most southern part of Taiwan: Breathtaking, isn't it?

In the coming days and weeks expect a lot about this trip, I want to share the things I've saw and experience. Some of my photos are really amazingly beautiful. I hope you'll get to see yet another side of the beautiful island of Taiwan, the sunny southern part that is.

[My TAIWAN page][All photos by MKL, 2010]

No comments:

Post a Comment