Sunday, May 23, 2010

Trip to amazing Yeliu and Keelung

Taiwan's northern coast with its magic nature


A while ago my girlfriend took me on a short trip to Taiwan's northern coast. And since it's really so beautiful there, I'm going to share with you some of my photos and tell you all about the amazing places we saw that day. We went to Yeliu 野柳 (also Yehliu or Yehliou), a Geopark with amazing natural formations and to Keelung (基隆, prounced similar to Chilong), Taiwan's biggest northern port, a bustling city of around 400.000 people, famous for its sea food, night market and rainy days.

It took us about 1h from Taipei to reach Keelung. The weather was hot and humid, but a bit cloudy. Actually I just wanted to see Keelung city, I had no idea about Yeliu, but my girlfriend was once there and wanted me to see it. If you want to read everything about what happened that day, check my photos and click on the links below, they will bring you to my posts.

A view on downtown Keelung. We took a bus here and headed to Yeliu.

Check my post about Keelung here>>

The bus took us to a small fishing town named Wanli. It's really beautiful.


And these are the famous rocks, carved by nature, thousands of years in the making.


And then I saw it: The famous Queen's Head (女王頭), the symbol of the whole region.


I love sunsets and this one is one of the most beautiful I ever captured.


After the long afternoon, we went to one of Taiwan's best and most famous night markets, to the Miaokou Night Market in Keelung. We really had a great time there as well.

Check my Miaokou Night Market post here>>

What do you think about our trip to Keelung and Yeliu?

[My TAIWAN page][All pics by MKL, 2010]

No comments:

Post a Comment