Friday, September 5, 2008

"F*ck it! We'll Do It Live!"

First off. Huge thank you to everyone who took the time out to sit down and bust out some fresh, ill and downright funky comments on helping me construct an online dating profile. Couldn't have done it without you guys, fo sho!

Well my profile is live now. It's up. It's running. Shit be real.

And I've received some activity so far. It's not anything to start giggling like a Japanese school girl about, but it's something.

So far, two 19 year old girls have "winked" at me. I gotta tell you, I am completely baffled what "winking" is. I'm assuming it's the equivalent to "poking" on Facebook. I question how effective this is though, because the girls I know get cold shivers down their spine when they receive a "poke" from someone they don't know.

But maybe it's different with an online dating site? Maybe it's expected; what you're supposed to do?

My other initial thought: what the fuck are 19 year olds doing on a dating website?? These girls should be in their prime! Making friends while playing flip cup in preparations for a college dance! Piecing together the events of the night while walking home from a one night stand!

In any case, 19 is a little too young for me. It was flattering to get any attention whatsoever, I will admit, but I didn't know what to do back. Do you write an email? Do you give a sympathy "wink" back? But I noticed that there was an option that said something along the lines of "Let them know you aren't interested".

I clicked on that link anticipating that it would allow me to construct some type of response letting them down gently. But no. It just says, "We've now informed them you're not interested"

Shit. Shit! I feel terrible! These girls put themselves digitally out there and I just rejected them with a swift click of my mouse. What did they get!? An eHug? An iThinkWe'reJustFriends? Bahhh!

That's all I got so far. More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment