Friday, February 1, 2008

Andy's Text

As I've stated before, I have a unique and rare relationship with my ex's mother. We keep in touch on occasion, she likes to know what's going on in my life, my career, if there are any movies I should recommend for her, etc. Always light hearted and jokey; she's really like a kid herself.

Last night as I was meeting a friend for dinner, I got a text from Andy randomly (she'll do that from time to time):

Andy's text: Hey! Where are all the girls?
So@24's text: Haha. What girls??
Andy's text: Anybody who takes the chance to talk to you or get to know you will see the best things about you. Someone will find out about you even if it isn't happening right away. You will be surprised. You just can't be so shy. Believe me, I know.

It was a really nice text from her and I definitely stopped walking to reread it again. Her and I rarely get into "serious" discussions like this. I think the last semi-serious discussion we got into was about the real meaning of the Beatle's song "Norwegian Wood" (dude, the guy burns the girl's house down at the end because she won't sleep with him).

I wonder what inspired her to write that? Where did it come from?





Sidenote: This entry made me crack up in my little cube today. Can you see where she's talking about me? It should be a pretty easy find.

No comments:

Post a Comment