Friday, March 25, 2011

My blog is 3 years old today

Please hold down Ctrl when clicking on a link, it will open in new tab

MKL gathering material for a blog post, @Miramar, 3/2011.

Exactly 3 years ago I wrote this post and I had no idea where my blogging journey will bring me. I just started a simple blogspot blog and ranted about my daily life few times a month. It took me over a year to start updating regularly and almost a year and a half to get a group of loyal readers and commentators. I decided to expand my blog by adding another one for informative articles and another one for bigger photos, yet gave them the same design and name, so that all three blogs feel like one. Then came an increase of haters, recognition, awards, criticism and more criticism, which surprised me a lot and made me look like a very important person. But those who follow me for a long time, know that I don't feel that way. I still feel I'm running simple blogspot blogs, sharing my passions for Slovenia, Taiwan, Taipei, traveling, photography and many other things. Of course I enjoy getting more traffic and more comments, but that's all that is. I'm not making any real money (only few bucks with Ad Sense, which I plan to remove soon), I don't write advertorials, I'm not associated with any organization, everything I recommend, from food to interesting places to visit, is purely because I believe that others may enjoy these things as well. And I'm planning to continue this way, but I think I may update less, because I will be very busy in the near future. If you want to read some of my best or most popular posts, go to my best of page.

My plans for the near future:
  • I want to be one of the best resources on traveling to Taipei (and Taiwan). Once I finish visiting all the famous parts of the city, I will write detailed guides for travelers and link to my posts.

  • I want to be the best resource on night markets in Taipei and Taiwan. I have blogged in great detail about 20 night markets so far and I hope I will manage to introduce over 50 by the end of the year. What I try to do is be systematic and thorough, something that many websites and blogs lack.

  • I will continue blogging about the places I visit in Taiwan or elsewhere and share them with you. Expect a big series of posts on Tainan, Hualien, Penghu and Kinmen in the future.

  • I'll post a lot of Chinese vocabulary, because I'm currently learning to write and read Chinese. I think it will be useful to those who are also learning Chinese, so stay tuned.

  • I will make few changes on the layout, but only minor ones, because I'm generally happy with the way it is.
Thanks again to those who still stick around and read my blog(s) and comment (or don't comment). The main blog is here and will remain here. If you're a big fan of me, you can subscribe to my 2nd and 3rd blog as well. They will however be a lot about Taiwan and may not be updated regularly in the future. If you feel like getting updates of all my 3 blogs on one platform, please follow me on my recently established Facebook page. We're a small community, but steadily growing.

Happy birthday to my blog.

To those, who like statistics: As of today, I have written over 1000 posts, made over 50 pages and received nearly 10.000 comments. I have 233 subscribers in Google Reader, between 700-1000 daily visitors. All together in the past 3 years I have almost 300.000 unique visitors and nearly 700.000 page views and the trend is constantly on the up (stats count all 3 blogs together).

No comments:

Post a Comment